- an enormous rustic log-sign was hauled and mounted at the entrance to the Grove. This aspect, led by Rtn. Alan Evans, who brought in Gordon Smith, cofounder of Camp 18, and Matt Vaughan, superviser at Larson Construction [see images below],
- a colorful 2-sided flyer was prepared by Rtn. Veronica Russell and a professional colleague, which will make it appealing to the business community and public to buy tags,
- a large Rotary wheel, two interpretive signs, a supporter and sample name tags were ordered by Rtn Joyce Stuber, all made from laser-etched stainless steel.
- Finishing touches on the logistics for the District Conference are being arranged by Rtn. Laura Freedman, even as she visits with friends/family in So-Cal, and
- coordination and a Paypal online purchase is setup for the public to purchase tags for trees were provided by Rtn. Stewart Martin.
Rotary Grove well underway …
Dateline April 12, 2011 ….
Significant progress was made in the last few days on our newest Community Service – Fundraiser project, the Rotary Grove at Circle Creek:
More steps are in the works, like improvements to the web page for Trees.
With great teamwork from our new members, it looks like our Rotary Grove project will be ready for publicity, purchases of tags, and the actual tree planting, timed to be a Rotary hands-on activity at the upcoming District Conference.
The public is invited to join us, too … meet at the Convention Center on Friday April 29 at 10 am, with gloves, workboots or shoes OK in the mud. Snacks and drinks will be provided.
More images here.